Last Updated on
Best Stock screeners
So what is the best stock screener available?
Well, Not all stock screeners are created equal.
Whether you are into the intraday trading or a longterm investor. Technical pundit or even fundamental investor.
Warren Buffet or Average momentum trader.
Stocks screeners are sure to make your life lot easier.
To make successful trades there’s a constant need to find new ideas every day. This where Stock screener comes to play
Below is the list of best stocks screeners which covers many markets, so Even if you are looking for screeners for International Markets. Such as Singapore, India, Philippines, Canada or simply USA Markets Read on
Market Covered: USA, Canada, Europe,India + 45 countries
Best Feature: one of Best Charting solution available
One of the best stock screener tool for day traders and swing traders. A technical stock screener, even loaded with Crypto-currency screener, bonds, CFDs & forex screener all rolled into one Global platform.
This site is not only Easy and intuitive for beginners, and powerful enough for advanced chartists. It also lets you discover & share your investment ideas and even learn from others in real-time.
With a very active trader community, this Site is worth checking out.
Market Covered: 88+ countries
Focus: Fundamental And Value Investing.
Best Feature: Very Comprehensive “All in One ” Screen
one of our favorite stock screener. Gurufocus is most comprehensive screener out there for Fundamental investors. As far as we know, This site is even used by Some professional Hedge fund managers Along with their Bloomberg subscription.
screeners very useful stock screener and research site for any fundamental investors with 30 years of financial data.
Predefined screens– Ben Graham net-net, Peter Lynch screen, Buffett and Munger Screen, Joel Greenblatt’s Magic formula, Dividend screener and many more.
Insider deals– Keep track of insider deals happening on your favorite stocks.
Gurus– Want to co-tail successful investor? get real-time and latest Guru picks with their portfolio.
Feature list here is endless and cater to almost all of your investing research needs
This website is worth checking out if you are serious about investing
Markets covered: Major US markets only
Focus: stock traders
Best Feature: Custom filter
If you are an experienced trader then this site is for you with over 125 technical indicators to filter for your screens.
This is really easy (once you get hang of it), powerful stocks screener for Stock traders.
what we like most about this site is that you can create your own custom screens with the only indicator you want and can research way you want,
Even allows you to Define and save your custom technical criteria and you can research the way you want.
Market Covered: Worldwide 128+ countries
Focus: Proven strategies of most successful investors
Best Feature: It is completely Free
Great for: Brainstorming new ideas
This one is the most amazing Strategy based screener Available for worldwide stock markets for free.
MeetInvest is not your regular screener, here you can run 50+ pre-defined strategies of greatest investors of your choice.
This site runs and filters stock lists for you daily as if great investors like Benjamin Graham, James Slater, Warren Buffett or Peter Lynch personally curating a stock list for you using their own Strategies.
This is really easy and non-technical investment tool free from any jargons.
here is a complete list of strategies available in Meetinvest with its sources.
– Portfolio Manager of Gitterman Wealth Management, Author of “The Magnet method”
2. Michael O’Higgins
– His famous “Dogs of the Dow” investment strategy as revealed in “Beating the Dow”
-American businessman, investment manager “The Oberweis Octagon” Investment model
– Strategy described in “Millennial Money: How Young Investors Can Build a Fortune”
– Legendary Value investor, fund manager, and philanthropist. Notable student of Ben Graham.
“The 52-Week Low Formula” A very logical framework for identifying companies with a sustainable business Moat(competitive advantage) that are trading at attractive prices
8. David Fish
– Famous for his “Dividend champions list”
9. Kenneth L. Fisher
– Strategy of billionaire investor “Beat The Crowd” How You Can Out-Invest The Herd By Thinking Differently.
– Investor and author of “Selecting Superior Securities ” a rare and one of the best.
The book presents criteria for stock selection that works in the real market.
11. Philp A. Fisher
-Screen your stocks by strategy mentioned in “Common stocks and Uncommon Profits” recommended by Warren Buffett.
12. Colin Nicolson
– ‘Building Wealth in the Stock Market’: A Proven Investment Plan for Finding the Best Stocks and Managing Risk
13. Robert G. Hagstrom
-“The Warren Buffett Way” Practical advice on Buffett-like Value Investing
14. Martin Zweig
– Influential investment adviser run a stock screener strategy which is based on “Winning on Wall Street” with a single click.
15. Phil Town
– Strategy “Rule No.1“. He successfully turned $1000 to $1.45 million in five years.
16. John Neff
– Former head of Vanguard Windsor Fund was known for contrarian and value investing.
17. James O’Shaughnessy
– His dual approach Growth and value investing to minimize volatility and increase capital growth. strategy revealed in his book “What Works on Wall Street”.
18. Peter Lynch stock screener
– This is one of our favorite screener.He was able to compound money at 29.2% for 20 years, that’s even more than Warren Buffet’s performance. His strategy was revealed in his bestseller “One Up On Wall Street”
– His Strategy Famous investment Strategy ” Magic Formula” outline in his bestseller “The Little Book That Beats the Market” Joel has an impressive performance record of 40% CAGR for last 20 years.
20.James Derrick Slater
– 80’s Famous “The Zulu Principle”
21. Benjamin Graham
– This name no introduction classic Ben Graham’s “The Intelligent Investor” strategy run it on meetinvest.com
22. David Dreman
– His investment philosophies and along with timeless advice is present in his Masterpiece “Contrarian Investment Strategy”
– She is known as Queen of Dividends Author of “Dividends Don’t Lie“
24. Sir John Templeton
– In 1999, Money magazine named him “arguably the greatest global stock picker of the century”.Truly global investor his strategy “Contrarian Bargain Hunting” is available in meetinvest.
25. Josef Lakonishok
– His value investing Strategy focused on near term results.“The Incredible January Effect” which outlines the Number of inefficiencies in markets that any investors can exploit in order to outperform the overall market.
– “9 point F-score ranking system”, a value investing model whose stock picks gained 138.8% in the previous year.
– “Buffetology“ another popular book on warren buffet reveling his various methods.
– “13 Factor Strategy” of Investing based on here book her book “Der entspannte Weg zum Reichtum”(the relaxed way to wealth) this is available only in german and was never translated in English
29. Wayne A. Thorpe
– His strategy is based on keen observation of “Earning revisions” which impacts stocks prices every year.
30. William O’Neil
– you may have heard his famous investment strategy “CAN SLIM” a 7-step process for minimizing risk and maximizing gains, written in “How to Make Money in Stocks: A Winning System in Good Times and Bad”.
certainly, these are proven investment strategies and formulas of worlds most successful investors.
you must not forget to do your own research and measure risk.
Although Meetinvest provides daily, weekly and monthly email option. I have found its works best on a monthly basis.
Markets covered: Major US stock exchanges
Focus: Trading, equity, futures,forex,cryptocurrencies
Best Feature: Backtester
Finviz is short for financial visualization.
This stock screener is widely used by many professional traders, institutions as well as enthusiastic beginners.
Finviz helps you generate ideas and find real-time opportunities for trading in stocks, forex, cryptos, and futures.
speer through the financial news, market maps, comparative tools and charts, portfolio tracking, advanced screeners, and sector performance tools in one single browser-based platform
The whole platform is filled with color-coded charts and quotes which help you visualize which are performing well and which aren’t in equity, futures, forex and crypto market quickly.
With elite membership (costing $24.96 only), you can test the profitability of any strategies or ideas with Backtesting, saving you money and time significantly as opposed to “trial and error” method.
get an instant idea of total return and max drawdown use your own indicator and add exit conditions
Stock Screener sometime can be overwhelming, every stock screener is quite unique and serves different as trading and investing needs are a bit different. some platforms are best for research, some are good for only for screening only. At the end of the day if you are trading good or investing well it’s all worth it.
Did you agree with our list? which one is your favorite tool?